Android Smartphones have dominated the mobile phone market in Nigeria, the common issue most users face is the weakness of Android phone battery, many resorted to asking series of questions like;
How do I make my android phone battery last longer?
Why is my phone battery very weak that within some minutes it is alerting me of low battery?
Some might say;
Oh! Geez I unplugged the phone just now from the wall socket and its alerting me of 15% battery remaining.
The major reason some android users experience this is due to how they use the device,
One question for you Cyberwaver – You mean there is a way or precautions to adhere to before using my phone or I simply don’t understand…
Yes, to make your phone serve you well or let’s just say prolong the battery life before going off, you have to follow precautions
We already know some of the things like;
>> Don’t operate your phone while getting it charged
>> Stop operating your phone when the battery signal is showing red (some of my friends told me that but I think it should not be taken lightly)
>> Use a charger made for the specific phone, don’t use a Blackberry charger for a Tecno Android Smartphone and expect it to charge your phone battery like the speed of light, there are many prototype chargers out there in which many people here in Nigeria call China Chargers
Mr Cyberwaver, supposing my follow come charger got missing, how do I buy an original charger or how can I simply distinguish between an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Charger from a prototype or fake as people do call it?
Answer – I remembered when I entered Lagos then, I saw a “Shine your Eyes” Statue placed a structure, I can say a place where you can get an authentic (original) charger is by going to a near-by phone brand walk-in center and buy a charger and when I say a phone brand walk-in center I mean either a blackberry, Tecno, Infinix office near you and get a charger for your phone, some of the chargers you normally see in the market when shopping for some stuffs are not original and might end up blasting your phone or you might be lucky to have only your battery destroyed.
So, heading back to the subject matter,
How Do I make my Android Smartphone Battery Last Longer
- Get a good charger if you don’t have one, always use a supported/recommended by the manufacturer charger not a china type or Chinco one as my dudes always say, Chinco products are always one step behind.
- Charge your phone once a day not every time NEPA light’s up your bulb, MR Cyberwaver it’s not my fault now if NEPA brings the light now, it will be gone in no time, why not I charge the battery as long there is light… Hahaha! Not Your Fault is the economy but you cannot blame the economy if your phone gets to your phone engineer… LOL!!!
- Don’t exhaust (use up) the last percentage of the Red Battery remaining on your phone it depreciate the capacity of the battery
- Be Selective ; What I meant by been selective is to know where you plug-in your charger to charge your phone because some power source are Boko Haram or Hired Killers, Boko Haram? Assassins? Oh! Yea bro, you visit your friend and unfortunately you noticed his/her neighbor has a generator (I better pass my neighbor type *LOL*) and you plug your phone, within 5 minutes you hear GBoom!!! From the side you plugged your phone on getting there it becomes another story entirely and the worst thing you would do is to be faulting the soap you used to bath in the morning or the devil.
- Install a Battery Saver App – yes it is recommended to install a battery saver app such DU Battery Saver which clear and optimize running apps you don’t know are the witches and wizards that are contributing in reducing your phone’s battery life
- Switch off Internet Connection after use – Haa! Cyberwaver if it’s for this one I really can’t do it because of whatsapp those messages are damn important… Unless your whatsapp messages are important Mr Cyberwaver will always advise you to switch off your internet connection because it consumes the hell out of your battery.
- Make Some Basic Settings – There are some settings that are important, the settings can save your battery life span and some of the settings are; brightness, sounds and others… Just take a snap through your phone settings and make some changes that are required.
There are other minor factors contributing to the downfall of your phone battery’s life
Excess Applications – Some people are app freaks, they can install any kind of android app from Google PlayStore on their phone which might not be important but sorry to hear this they kill your battery life… Cyberwaver is urging you to reduce it for good.
Less RAM(Random Access Memory) – Some of my friends do say RAM or no RAM it doesn’t affect your battery life but I don’t go with that, increase your RAM and see the wonder ask the next engineer near you.
I will be dropping my pen at this junction, I think I made some clear points about prolonging the battery life of your android phone.
If you’ve got something to add to this post, please use the comment box it won’t take much time to make necessary arrangement to the post or you can simply become an AddedNew.com admin after passing series of examinations but trust me it won’t take long…
Another Wonderful Post AddedNew @ AddedNew.com, always come for more and do not forget to use the share button to let your friends know what you just read, use the comment box also to let us know what you have in mind for us…