Android OS Smartphones/Devices are open source which allows you to customize it to your need, this is where the term rooting comes into action, hearing this for the first time or you have been hearing it but do not understand what the phrase really is. Rooting can also be called Jail-breaking, non-technically understanding the word Jail breaking , everyone knows what it means which is the process of gaining unauthorized access out of limitation placed by somebody or anything, so rooting or jail breaking definitely means the process of gaining unauthorized access out of a limitation placed by the manufacturer of the device in order to unlock more features. Now we all know what the term rooting really means, what will really be popping to your mind as a newbie is should I root my phone? After rooting my phone what difference will that make? What are the side effects (disadvantages) of rooting a mobile phone? , series of questions like that will be coming across your mind, I am going to clear your mind, this post will be dealing on benefits & disadvantages involved in rooting android phones or devices.
I Want to Root my Android Smartphone, What are the Advantages(Benefits) & Disadvantages I should Know
You now understand the term Rooting or Jail breaking, and you have decided to root your phone according to the definition, it gives you the unauthorized access to unlock more features on your android phone and the features are what I am going to list out under the “Good” and the side effects are what we are going to list out under the “Bad” , there are some circumstance you must undergo in gaining unauthorized into your smartphone and the unauthorized access is also called the “Root Access”. Now what are really the Good available of rooting my smartphone.
The Good or the Advantages
- You are now in Total Control :- In total control? I bought the phone with my hard earned money and you are still telling me I am not the owner of the device and am not in control why did I buy it then? That is the type of question everyone asked including me, I did not realize that myself because I thought I was in control, let me explain this to you, when a company produces a mobile phone, they still have legit access to the mobile phone and what I mean by that is they are the owner of the phone while you are the user and they have total control of the device. When you root the phone, you have removed their access to the phone which now makes you the user as the owner of the phone because every link available on the phone that makes them interact with the device will cut be off.
- Increases the Speed of Use :- Rooting your android phone unlocks the measured speed of use or operation set by default by the manufacturer of the phone, such operations involves ; Booting time of the device will be fast, execution will be swift, Installing of applications will be fast, playing games will be a lot more easier.
- Increases Battery Life :- Some applications have been set by the manufacturer of a device to run in the background and this applications have huge impact on the smartphone’s battery life. Rooting gives you the super ability to stop those background running apps by installing some applications to debug them.
- Installing Incompatible Applications :- Rooting gives you the super ability to run incompatible applications on your android phone by granting them root access for them to interact well with phone. Some of the applications might be important to you but because the mobile phone is incompatible with your phone you just have to abandon it and let it go and this was the main reason I decided to root my mobile phone, especially in Nigeria those with rooted android phones enjoys and have more advantage over those with un-rooted phones such as cheaper internet subscription by tweaking their rooted android phone to become another phone that enjoys that offer and that really sounds smart. There are also apps that comes bundled with popup adds that feels annoying when in use and all you do is to switch to Aeroplane mode or switching off your internet connection to avoid the Ads, that also helps but what if you wanted to get connected to the internet?, this is where rooting of your phone comes in handy, you can definitely root most of the MediaTek (MTK) devices such as Tecno by following this link and you can contact me or Google Search on how to root other devices I would have dropped the link here but the rooting method of some devices are different while some are easier it depends on how the manufacturer tweaked it. As I was saying those Ads can be stopped by downloading Adfree , Ad Away, AdBlock Plus and they can only work on your android phone with root access.
There are other Good or advantages present when you root your android phone and some of them are gaining access to the restricted area of the phone, Back your entire phone, Deleting of default or pre-installed applications and many more.
The Bad or the Disadvantages
- Getting Your Phone Bricked During the Process :- During or after the process of rooting you might get your phone bricked. A phone is set to be bricked if it cannot be switched off/on at any shape it is just like a brick, you should read a post written by Kannon Yamada, , He wrote “6 Key Tips To Avoid Bricking Your Rooted Android Device ” he wrote extensively on what to do to avoid getting your phone bricked. If you have bricked your phone you should read a post written by yomiprof on how to restore your bricked phone although he said using the methods cannot guarantee its restoration but you should give it a try also.
- Voiding Your License :- After Rooting your android phone you have voided the license and warranty given to you by the phone manufacturer that is why must have in mind that rooting my phone will take away every link between me and my manufacturer and some cases the manufacturer might include a one year or two year warranty and a warranty is a stipulated period of time your phone is expected to last, if the phone cannot be able to reach the agreed period of time you will be refunded your money or given another device depending on the agreement policy.
Before rooting your android phone you should weigh the good and the bad we have listed and be sure of the method you are going to use to root your phone make sure others have recorded success using that same method.
#Another wonderful post AddedNew @ AddedNew.com always come for more and do not forget to share it to your friends on social media and express your views using the comment box below.