The PTDF scholarship 2017/2018 is now on, registration can now be done on PTDF website (PTDF.gov.ng)
PTDF scholarship 2017/2018 online application form and registration can be done by clicking this link –> http://ptdf.flexisaf.com/
***The deadline date for PTDF scholarship 2017/2018 is December 31st 2016
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by law for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the human resource needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-country MSc and PhD Scholarships.
Awards will be granted for studies in the 2017/2018 academic session in the United Kingdom , Germany, Brazil, France (through Campus France), Top Institutions in the United States of America as well as Federal Universities and Centres of Excellence in Nigeria.
For Institutions in the United Kingdom, click here
For Institutions in Germany, click here
For Institutions in Brazil, click here
For Institutions in France (through Campus France) and the United States of America, click here
PTDF Scholarship scheme 2017 Application forms can be accessed online here using an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT.
upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira
Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will
be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later.
Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
CRITERIA/REQUIREMENTS FOR PTDF SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
- Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT –for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age. PhD.
- Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc).
- Candidates are advised to apply for admission into universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
DOCUMENTS TO SCAN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only); and
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS (UNDERGRADUATES, MSC & PHD) APPLICANTS.
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc).
Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK , Germany, Brazil , France and the United
States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
The Local Scholarship Scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Excellence in courses relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry.
DOWNSREAM OPERATIONS: REFINING,
TRANSPORTATION AND MARKETING
UPSTREAM EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION OF CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL ENERGY RESOURCES
GAS ENGINEERING INNOVATIONS
INNOVATIONS AND SOLUTIONS FOR NEW RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES
MULTIDISCIPLINARY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
- REFINING TECHNOLOGY
- OIL EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION
- GAS ENGINEERING
- RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- RECIPIENTS OF OTHER SCHOLARSHIP MUST NOT APPLY FOR THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIP.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DURATION OF THE PHD AWARD IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF THIRTY-SIX (36) MONTHS ONLY.
- APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY POSSESS
A MASTER’S DEGREE NEED NOT APPLY FOR MSC PROGRAMME, BUT ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE PHD.
- THE PTDF AWARD WILL TAKE EFFECT
FROM SEPTEMBER 2017
- PHD APPLICANTS WHO WOULD HAVE
ALREADY COMMENCED THEIR PROGRAMMES BY SEPTEMBER 2017 NEED NOT APPLY.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS
31 DECEMBER 2016.
Extracted from PTDF Portal (PTDF.gov.ng)
For questions and complaints regarding the info please use the comment box…