Hanging or Freezing is a common term used in describing a situation where an android smartphone becomes slow in performing some certain functions such as multi-tasking, launching of application and other activities.
Today, we are going to see how to prevent, reduce, stop Android Phone from hanging or freezing. Before I start, I would like to let you know the things that causes freezing/hanging of an android Smartphone.
What are the things that causes Hanging/Freezing;
- Excess Applications,
- Little amount of R.A.M
- Limited amount of storage space
- Presence of malware such as virus, trojan horse
- Incompatible Applications and many of them.
Those factors I listed above are the major cause of making your phone hang or freeze any one of the two.
How to Prevent my Smartphone from Hanging?;
- Install important applications on your phone, it is advisable to install little important applications than to install many applications that are less important that will slow down your phone.
- Beware of third party applications, they might be dangerous and might infect your phone with virus.
How do I Stop my Android Smartphone from Hanging/Freezing;
Your phone is hanging and its frustrating you, to stop this you have to read what am going to show you now carefully.
Delete Unused Apps:- There are some apps that you are not using or has less importance, the best option is to uninstall those apps to free up more space.
Clear Apps Cache:- Apps like Facebook,Twitter and browser apps always consume space by creating cache on your phone and the caches are eating up phone memory because most of them are installed on your phone memory. What is the importance of cache and how do I get rid of them? Web/App Cache is the information technology that stores temporary data on your phone in order to reduce bandwidth usage and server load time, most of the application that makes use of caching are the applications that has access to the internet , examples of them are Facebook, Twitter, and browser application Opera,Firefox,Chrome and others in the same categories. To clear cache of any application on your android phone;
>>From your phone home screen click the menu icon,
- Click the settings icon,
- Locate apps from the listed settings menu and click it,
- Locate the app you want to clear the cache and click it,
- From the screenshot above click on clear cache, the cache has been cleared successfully, do not click on clear data.
- Go to settings,
- Click Storage
- Scroll down you will see cached data and its size of mega byte click on it
- A popup will show asking you whether you want to continue to clear all cache at once select OK and you are done.
Save Photo and Files to SD Card:- You should always save your photo and files to your SD card and set your SD card to the default location to install apps on.
Backup to the Cloud: It is very good to always backup some applications to the cloud for future use in order to save more memory, you can read my previous post on how to backup your android smartphone data to the cloud.
Factory Reset: The last option to take is to do factory reset, the factory reset will restore your phone to how it was before you started using it. Before you do factory reset for your phone,you should backup your phone data because you might loose your phone contacts on others for more detailed guide, read my post on how to easily backup contacts on your android smartphone.
In conclusion , make sure you read the post carefully because i would be dropping my pen here now.
#Another wonderful post AddedNew @ AddedNew.com, always come for more.