Mobile phones plays important role in daily human activities and many depends on it to earn a living, mobile phones have become the friends of many Nigerians that anywhere they go they are always with their mobile phone even inside the bathroom and toilet they are still pinging or surfing the internet. This post will guide you on what you should do incase or when your phone drops into water, you can mistakenly drop your mobile phone into a bucket of water and you like freak out or just dumb-founded not actually knowing what to do next since you do not know “what and when to do”.
Let me share what a woman did when her china phone fell into a big bowl of water, well on that faithful day, please pardon me to just share with you this small happening because it describes what most of us does when it happens to us, on that day the woman was cooking, her mobile phone ranged and she attempted to take the phone to see who was calling to reject or answer the call, unfortunately her finger moved to fast to push the phone and it fell ‘D-lum!!’ inside the big bowl of water she shouted with a loud noise saying Haaa! What have I done!, she was shocked because she do not know what step is needed to be taken if I may say. Now what are the steps? The steps are what we are going to see today.
- Remove the phone from the big bowl of water or any water it felled in
- Remove the removable parts such as the battery, SIM card, Memory card [if applicable]
- Try to suck some quantity of the water through some certain holes on the body of the phones and do not use hair fryer/blower because it might cause more harm than good by driving the water into some highly sensitive area of the phone
- Dry the phone under the sun, do not place it directly under the sun but place it indirectly to the sun
- After drying, there will still be little quantity of water available in the phone and the places where it might be is in the screen and other parts
- Put the phone inside a bowl of uncooked rice, I mean fresh rice, I remembered when I told my friend to dip his phone inside rice for 48-hours, he looked at me and asked are you crazy? Why would I put my phone inside rice to be free of water[moisture]?, can you see two different questions at a time, well I answered him saying firstly am not crazy and secondly rice according to chemistry is a drying agent [deliquescent] along with silica gel which can also be called desiccants, let us just say rice are desiccants because they absorb moisture which water from an element so inserting your phone into a bowl of clean rice will do you no harm, he did as I said and he was thankful at last. Dip your phone into a bowl of clean rice not dusty rice for 24-48 hours, remove the phone and try to switch it on.
I have tried out these steps and it worked out for me and my friend so you to can give this a shot, don’t just stand and gaze at your phone sinking into a bowl of water, make some practical works to save its life using these basic steps.
Note : If your phone do not power on observing all this process correct, there is an advertisement I always listen to on the radio “after using this drug and the dose completely and the problem persist please contact your doctor for advice”, after observing these processes and all to no avail please visit a competent phone engineer to diagnose the problem of the phone.
***Another tech tips AddedNew on AddedNew.com