Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme for 2017.
NDDC Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme which primary propose is to equip Niger deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the current administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
1. Agricultural Sciences
3. Environmental Sciences
5. Information Technology
7. Management Sciences
To whom much is given much is also required, to qualify for the scholarship candidates has some requirements they need to posses.
NDDC Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme Requirements.
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan,
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler,
- High Court judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
NDDC Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme How to Apply..
- Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: ( www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate.
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website, (nddc.gov.ng )
- For further enquiries please contact:
Director, Education, Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Mobile: 084668158: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE COMMISSION WILL ENSURE A FAIR SPREAD OF COURSES AMONG BENEFICIARIES WITHIN EACH STATE.
- DEFERMENT, CHANGE OF INSTITUTION AND COURSE ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- THE COMMISSION WILL NOT ENTER INTO ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATION WITH CANDIDATES WHO WERE NOT SHORTLISTED FOR THE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) OR THOSE WHO WERE NOT INVITED FOR ORAL INTERVIEW OR CANDIDATES THAT WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THE ORAL INTERVIEWS.
- PREFERENCE WOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES FROM OIL PRODUCING/BEARING COMMUNITIES/LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS AS LONG AS CANDIDATES MEET THE APPROVED CUT OFF MARK.
- THE COMMISSION RESERVES THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION TO SELECT APPLICANTS IN LINE WITH THE ABOVE STATED CRITERIA AND ITS INTERNAL CONSIDERATION. THE DECISION OF THE COMMISSION IN THIS REGARD IS FINAL.
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday 27th May, 2017.
Ready to join?
Click here to register. For masters programme.
Click here to register for PhD programme.